Child Development & Pedagogy (SET-30) | PSTET | CTET
1. A major strength of ecological theory is its framework for explaining
a. Environmental influences on development.
b. Biological influences on development.
c. Cognitive development.
d. Affective processes in development.
2. All of the following advanced principles of child development that are closely allied to the stimulus response learning theory, except
b. J B Waston
3. The process whereby the genetic factors limit an individual’s responsiveness to the environment is known as
d. Range of reaction.
4. In order to develop the spirit of labour in students
a. The teacher himself should indulge in labour
b. The teacher should deliver lectures on the importance of labour
c. Students should be given opportunities to do labour from time to time
d. Students should be given examples of laboring people
5. A child has been admitted to your school who belongs to a back ward family/background from the cultural viewpoint. You will
a. Keep him in a class in which, there are many more students of backward
b. background from the cultural viewpoint
c. Send a teacher to know more about the backward cultural background of the child Keep him in a normal class but will make special arrangements for teaching him, keeping his special needs in view
d. Advise him to take up vocational education
6. All of the following can be signs that a child is gifted, except
a. Early development of a sense of time
b. Interest in encyclopedias and dictionaries
c. Uneasy relationships with peers.
d. Easy retention of facts
7. If heredity is an important determinant of a specific behaviour, what prediction can we make about expression of the behaviour in identical twins reared apart compared to its expression in fraternal twins reared apart?
a. Fraternal twins will express the behaviour more similarly than identical twins.
b. There will be little similarity in the expression of the behaviour in either set of twins.
c. Identical twins will express the behaviour more similarly than fraternal twins.
d. The behaviour will be expressed as similarly by identical twins as it is by fraternal twins.
8. Most psychologists believe that development is due
a. Largely to nature.
b. Largely to nurture.
c. To nature and nurture acting separately.
d. To an interaction of nature and nurture.
9. Frobel’s most important contribution to education was his development of the
a. Vocational School
b. Public high School
d. Latin School
- D (Range of Reaction helps us to understand the complex relationship between heredity and the environment)