1. Which of the following elements is non-radioactive?
2. According to Dalton’s atomic theory the smallest particle which can exist independently is:
a. An atom
b. A molecule
c. A cation
d. An anion
3. The recent atomic weight scale is based on:
4. The neutral atom’s two isotopes differ in the number of:
a. Electron shells
c. Valence electrons
5. Optical fibres are mainly used in:
c. Musical Instruments
d. Food Industry
6. The first synthetic fibre made by man was:
7. Which variety of glass is heat resistant?
a. Hard glass
b. Flint glass
c. Pyrex glass
d. Bottle glass
8. Which of the following is used for removing air bubbles from glass during its manufacture ?
b. Arsenic oxide
c. Potassium Carbonate
d. Soda Ash
9. What are soaps?
a. Salts of silicates
b. Ester of heavy fatty acids
c. Sodium or potassium salts of heavier fatty acids
d. Mixture of glycerol and alcohol
10. Which of the following is used in making artificial sweetener saccharine?