1.Potassium Permanganate is used for purifying drinking water, because:
a. It dissolves the impurities of water
b. It is a sterilizing agent
c. It is an oxidising agent
d. It is a reducing agent.
2.The presence of which of the following salts in water causes corrosion in steam boilers?
a. Sodium Chloride
b. Magnesium Chloride
c. Calcium bicarbonate
d. Potassium bicarbonate
3. Water is a good solvent of ionic salts because:
a. It has no colour
b. It has a boiling point
c. It has a high dipole moment
d. It has a high specific heat
4. The hardest substance available in earth is:
5.Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity ?
6. The ratio of pure gold in 18 carat gold is:
7. Cow milk is a rich source of:
a. Vitamin A
b. Vitamin B1
c. Vitamin C
d. Vitamin D
8. The element found in the surface of the Moon is:
9. The average salinity of sea water is:
10. Which of the following is the most stable element?