General Science (SET-26)
1. From which mineral is radium obtained:
2. What is laughing gas?
a. Carbon dioxide
b. Sulphur dioxide
c. Nitrogen Dioxide
d. Nitrous oxide
3. Which of the following is used as a material for making protective windows in space probes?
4. Which form of phosphorus is used in safety metals?
a. Red Phosphorus
b. White Phosphorus
c. Yellow Phosphorus
d. Black Phosphorous
5. Stainless steel is an alloy of :
a. Iron, Carbon and Nickel
b. Iron and Manganese
c. Iron, Chromium and Zinc
d. Iron, Chromium and Nickel
6. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
a. Galena : Lead Sulphide
b. Green vitriol : Copper sulphate
c. Plaster of Paris : Calcium sulphate
d. Calomel : Mercurous Chloride
7. Which of the following metals forms an amalgum with other metals?
8. Which of the following is not an ore of Aluminium?
9. Most soluble in water is:
d. Common Salt
10. Bromine is:
a. colourless gas insoluble in water
b. A highly inflammable gas
c. A Black solid.
d. A red liquid.